As I stand on the threshold of leaving corporate America (the only occupation paradigm I have known up to now) and reflect on a recent exodus of other associates from the firm I work at, I’m have time to deeply reflect on what a goodbye means so I can savor every moment of my own.
I've written about the pain that a legacy can bring when it plays out as an autopilot hidden life driver, so I want to ask you, "What type of Legacy are you leaving behind in the world as a result your day to day life?" Are you reinforcing the current paradigm or shifting it forward?
There is a lot written about endings, transitions and change on a “pretty” word level that clips the surface but few talk about the deep soul impact it has or how to unwind the deep undertow in a way that my work does.
In my opinion, we create our Legacy every moment, imprinting more deeply into the current paradigm, or changing is powerfully & quietly for where humanity is going.
Goodbyes Mark Your Legacy
Nothing remains without change. The alchemy of change is what creates what's left behind. That is a reason behind our existence, to leave stuff behind for the future to build on.
Changing into a completely new phase often generates anxiety because there is so much unknown. Practically speaking, this can be teethgritting with a lot of mental energy to force oneself into just “getting through it” without participating fully in getting the gold out of it while it’s happening.
Many are not taught this other alternative when retiring, starting a new business, going into a new, huge work goal, etc.
For me, a goodbye is the chance to be within the alchemy of experience and to reflect on the refinement of the gold that is left behind for others’ benefit.
It's the deep imprint of influence you have on others to build upon, hopefully, for the better good of many.
Avoid Deathbed Legacy Reviews
In the big picture, it is the imprint you leave in the world in each present moment. This seems only to come front of mind during big changes or chaos when people stop with a, “Whoa, what is happening? What has my life been about?”
The change of goodbyes is a non-mental effort. You cannot accomplish this through thinking your way through it.
What we all yearn for at a deep level is knowing that we made a difference, that we mattered. I suggest we live from this mindset day to day and not think about it on our death bed. It’s possible to this in a way that doesn’t require extra energy but rather, happens naturally from living your truest life right now, moment to moment.
We create our legacy every day and the trick is to participate in it fully as it happens.
See Your Legacy While It's Being Created
Now, look from those eyes, intuitively speaking, and see what’s in front of you to get that undertow legacy change you are seeking:
- Receive, every moment, the opportunity gifts fully, even the shitty ones, so that you don’t have to cling or repeatedly revisit them in the future. The undertow and life, in general, is meant to be alchemized in the moment, not serve as an anchor that slows you down as a wound or something outside of yourself to boost yourself up. It’s meant to be given to you as a gift that you embody.
A goodbye is to thank those who gave you what needed to close the door and open a new one. You can’t really do that if you refuse to receive what the universe was really trying to give you.
This includes relationships that ended badly - please embody the gift so that it doesn't act like an anchor that you have to repeatedly visit.
The way to get it is to embody the energy of your original essence. It always is for the better good of those you know and reaches to those you don’t, into the future you will not be a part of.
That’s what people remember and that is how change is alchemized.
- Know your daily grind is making it happen - at work, in a meeting, in an email, you are leaving an imprint on those around you and into perpetuity. That's the big picture impact of how you do the most mundane things in life which turn out to be the big things.
- Small things matter, like the compassion to be 100% immersed into a casual hallway conversation and hold space in a non-corporate way to be real in that moment. How did you feel when someone took the time to listen to you when you were struggling, work related or not, when they sensed you were off? That can change someone's life forever.
- Deep sight reverberates like seeing the soul story of all of your relationships, even the lady who refills the toilet paper in your office. Think about the panic you feel when there’s no toilet paper as you just finished doing your job. Why would anyone choose such a seemingly unglamorous, yet vital job? That soulful love ripples out.
Just because you're at work doesn't mean, although HR may disagree, that you stop being human. If you embody yourself and hold space for yourself, your presence and words will be the right thing for that other human going through something in their soul's timeline that supersedes "work."
- Big stuff counts, too, like doing something to help a leader who is hanging herself on a rope because no one taught her how to climb it within the nuances of politics. How have you felt when someone pointed out some unseen political landmine that could have blown up your project? hat ripples outward in perpetuity.
Recipe Card for Goodbyes
Here’s some suggestions on how to alchemize a legacy into a goodbye that ultimately benefits the world around you:
- Know that you are given countless opportunities and options at every moment so there's no need to wait for it to happen.
Ok, to get hokey but in “Evan Almighty,” God says, “If one prays for patience, do you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient?”
Your unseen undertow is a big part of what the universe giving you.
t’s happening right now.
Want more achievements? What’s the undertow energy of what you really hope to get?
That’s what you really want. Is it really around being seen, heard, appreciated, remembered for your participation the universe? The more pure that undertow is, the more closely "aligned" it becomes with your conscious desires.
Usually, that’s what people really yearn for in life in this age of disjointed, false identities.
- Your truest life is happening right now regardless of unfulfilling past achievements or your anxiety that it hasn’t happened yet.
These are all distractions that drain your energy from the big picture of the very real legacy you’re building.
And it remains hard if you let it victimize you or if you don't have different tools to unwind it.
Do you want to perpetuate the legacy of fear and scarcity or one that helps others get along better with what they have just by you living fully in your truth moment to moment?
- Without complicating what you want to change, EMBODY yourself right now.
From this place of empowerment, you automatically get into the bones of the people and circumstances around you to lift them upwards.
The idiom of you can’t change a problem with the same thinking that created it applies here.
Look deeper. What is the root of what bothers you and by simply doing so, you can unwind the energetic imprint paradigm in your world by changing that thing that spans longer and deeper than your life.
- Gift yourself the right to fully occupy your space
At the undertow level, remove what takes up your space. Other people’s subconscious and autopilot programming that blocks your sovereign original essence energy, anxiety of what the outcome of tomorrow's meeting will be, etc.
Spiritual guidance about the universe working in your favor when you align your thoughts and actions implies that it only works when you get to that alignment state.
I’m here to tell you it works right now even when things are disjointed. The inverse or slow pace always is proof that the universe is working in your favor, at the undertow level that most people have no access to, leading people to think "it's not working."
Getting to the hidden roots of the subconscious and spiritual energetic imprint framework ensures that your superficial wants are met with the true legacy you are already building.
Get into the space of your self-worth - you have a right to be here on earth and to leave a beautiful legacy, in whatever way you do it.
- Reduce anxiety by knowing that you are doing the best you can with what you have to move past judgement.
Getting hung up on "I am still achieving because my past accomplishments fell short of fulfilling me," "I don’t have enough spiritual super powers," or "I don’t have time" are all meant to make you feel less than the atomic universal sovereign being you are designed to be right now.
That’s the small shit that doesn’t matter that I wrote about before which leads to judgement that puts a lid on your true nature.
Be ok with who and where you’re at right now.
Do your best with what you have to change things no matter how big or small you think it is.
Personally, I've experienced that it is possible to be the one person who can shift an energetic entity of a global corporation even when it seemed impossible. It happened because I showed up 100% of who I am each moment even though I reflect nothing of a successful corporate associate "should" look like. I directed my energy, moment to moment, from that space filled with my essence that generated immense power and influence even though paradigm shifter is not listed in anyone's, much less my, job description.
The immense power behind doing the right thing for the better good changes shit. We all have the right to occupy that space, in fact, we were designed to do just that.
What is the legacy through change you are creating right now?