Oh, snap! How can this possibly be good?
I have a different take on what a true life is...and it's not the spiritual correct one, of being zen, being centered, or in the flow when shit happens.
To me, a true life is one where your essence, your North Star, is front and center, running automatically even when life is unideal.
By this I mean, whether life is yippy skippy or "WTF?," you are in complete authority of your space and energy, in a way that doesn't give your power away to circumstances or people as life happens without having to effort through it.
It is about using the capacity you have built from all of your challenges, the courage to look at the root to unwind what takes up that space to allow for your North Star and the esoteric powers of it, run without you having to manage it. EVEN WHEN THINGS ARE UNIDEAL because they are not dependent on external influences in order to live it.
I'll give you an example - my life is not ideal, it's not the one I have my eye on. I'm living in two worlds simultaneously:
- A day job for the best global corporation I've ever worked for filled with people who have integrity, extraordinary intellect and souls. Except it doesn't have the same mission as my soul purpose.
It's an investment management company that strides to provide the best results for its end investors so they can live their best life (good) but in a field that is constricted by fear and scarcity (money), that is heavily regulated (good but with immense controls that make people operate on the avoidance of reprimand).
The day to day may be around, what's the best way to display and calculate the effective duration for a fixed income instrument across all publications in a manner that a wide range of audiences will understand and love us for.
Frankly, I don't give a shit. It's not my thing. This doesn't make my soul sing.
But I do have the opportunity, every day, to live my essence and provide my soul gift in even the most seemingly unrelated ways. By extending a helping hand to those who need to learn when no one else helps them around the unwritten rules penned over the decades. By letting my energy alone uplift people in ways they have no idea about. By showing a way to navigate the intricacies of a space that is intolerant of mistakes and confidential information. By moving a large corporate entity into the future with new ways of thinking about something as unsexy as data.
And as a true life, the tendrils of impact reach and connect many, but are led from my soul, alone, sourced from the capacity to hold a clean, safe space.
- I use my gifts that are transferrable to any situation daily.I live my true life everyday, though, in this unideal situation of exchanging my intellect, analytical gifts of connecting A to Z in a loving, safe way for the gift of money.
I used my gifts in a recent accident we were in when a woman ran the red light without enough time for us to avoid her. When my North Star of freedom gave me the clarity to have space to get the detailed crap done (photos, exchange info) in a way that let everyone know it was just an accident with no injuries and that there was no room for anger, shame or blame.
I use my gifts as much as I can for my business, juggling the vision I have for myself and the world while juggling the heavy lifting of #1.
I even use it in #1 by thinking things through in the best way that my colleagues can feel free to be safe, to bring their gifts to the table in an environment of constant change, 911-uncertainty and fear around what's going to happen next. To find solutions that both uplift those around me, without being preachy or instituionalized about it, in a way that aligns with my unique style of irrevernce for the crazy with the eye on what's possible for the future.
I build the future of my life, of the impact I know is possible for the world, by starting today, guided by my North Star in my own little world.
A true life goes beyond going with the flow, being present, making the best of the bad...it's about embodying and living from your truth even when life is shit, before the life of your dreams is realized.
It's a life of being uncompromised and unfettered even when seemingly impossible constraints are in your physical field.
It's about embodying it in a way, because you live it from the roots of your being, without constant thought or management.
It's a life of full empowerment, free from the shadows of your soul's timeline and from the seemingly giant authorities that rule the land.
It's about living in both the shadow and the light constantly and automatically as your days continue to unfold.
It's about living in reality, when things are unideal, and changing them to your (and those around you) favor through the power of who you really are.
- Know your North Star - what's the essence of you that's been trying to be expressed, at its highest value? Or, if that's too dandy, what's the essence of what pisses you off the most? In either path, that's who you really are, beyond external definitions or influences.
- Make space for your North Star to be embodied - look at the root of what stymies your North Star...is it around a ancestral legacy, a pattern that was acquired sometime in your life, or does it have the root in the human story (rejection, fear, control around your survival)? Then unwind it - you can learn more in the True Life Roadmap ebook.
- Live your True Life even when shit happens - Use your energy efficiently. Do you bleed out, merging with others' drama because having theirs is better than not having a meaning of your own? Are you in full capacity of owning your energy or do other things take authority (have power over you)?
Do you live your true life now or are you waiting for more ideal circumstances?