There is a lovely soul named Mike Dooley, who created a daily reminder (even an app) called, TUT (The Universe Talks). The PS on one of his posts had this on it and it resonated with me so deeply.
I used to think that life was hard, to get what I wanted was hard, and that to get the good stuff in life (money, love, acceptance, and even, ease) was friggin' hard.
I was so attached to the drama of it all, the stories that nothing worthwhile comes easily, because frankly, that was the only truth that I knew. That's how I was brought up and that's how I saw everyone else around me living.
Here's what I now know:
- The Universe, Source, God, or whatever you call it, never ended us to toil and grind away at anything. It's not like that. It's not a punisher.
- We were meant to have a path of play and joy - because I've found out, when you're doing that in your daily lives, THAT's when you're most powerful. I'm not talking about the kind of goofing off at work to escape....I'm talking about the kind of lightness that comes into your daily life and is infused naturally.
- Drama is an addiction of ours in this society....we get hooked by the what if's, the shoulds, the boxes of the known. And anytime we stray outside of that, we attract all sorts of drama instead of just feeling good about living in our truth, even in the smallest of things.
- The drama is deep seated in things that used to work during our life, in our family's lives, and during the course of human evolution....but no longer do because we've expanded and evolved around that. And that point of constriction is a really good indicator that you are ready for simple and easy.
So what's a person to do?
- Know that change is frightening for most people because it involves the unknown and the uncontrollable. Last week, I chatted about that any change involves you becoming more of you. Full of yourself in the best sense possible. And that's scary when you don't know who you truly are, beyond occupation or societal role.
- Knowing who you are at your deepest essence, the thing that makes you feel the most love when you think about it, is your magnetic north (North Star) that never changes. Once you know that, there's no swirly drama because your always aligned with your truth.
- Unpeeling that crap that keeps drama and complexity in place is also very, very simple. That's why I teach the True Life Roadmap - to demystify what's going on in a way that makes sense. Point is, it's simple.
- Know that life continues to happen...it just does. And anyone who tells you anything different in any transformational work is full of shit. Having tools, though, to know what to do when it does in a way that serves the better good of everyone, is simple, too. Your intuition probably tries to guide you right now, so listen to that. And that keeps things simple.
- Know that it isn't a race, dude. It goes as fast or slow as we let it. Letting go of judging and trusting, and all that stuff can take time. Well, I know for me it does! I'm in process of redoing the videos for my course, tilting things this way even though, fundamentally, the course hasn't changed. Trusting myself more is taking me some time. Having FUN while doing this thing is taking me some getting used to. So, thanks for your patience with me....because you know what? I'm savoring this experience myself!
Bottom line is, our human design is at our freest and most powerful when we live simply in our truth. That's the way the Universe likes it. So sit back easily and let it be so.
P.S: So, I've been tinkering around with my online course. I redid the True Life Roadmap and make it into an ebook. You can get a copy here... I'm still messing around with the intro video and will be modifying the course's video, etc. But since you've been so nice to read my blog posts, I thought I'd take you along my roadmap journey because I want to be honest and show you that my process of simple can be drama free when I give myself play with it.