Christie Marie Sheldon had a great analogy of how many people think abut manifesting with the universe: They think of co-creation as the universe granting gifts like Santa Claus using a list of who's "naughty or nice." You know, like an endless list of If Then Statements. IF I
- am a really, truly spiritual, connected person, I'll get what I want
- create an awesome vision board, it surely will come to me.
- burn my karma, I'll be free of blocks to my best life.
Well, all of this deserving, doing, wishing never really made sense to me....because, you know, I used to do it myself and stuff never really happened, or if it did, it took a heck of a long time. I figured I didn't love myself enough, wasn't worthy of deserving it, it was too big of an ask, or I was somehow deficient.
The universe isn't Santa Claus, doling out the presents or coal based on who you are or how "good" you are. That belief represents you giving control to "something" else, leaving you in the position of HOPING something happens based on some kind of condition. It leaves you in a place of powerlessness. And that, sadly, is a choice many of us has been bred to believe is the truth.
While it's true that there are an infinite number of gears and wheels that get moving when you place an intention out there, it is never the universe is somehow deciding or judging you. It watches everything on all levels beyond what we normally live in, and then responds.
The whole manifestation, co-creation thing that is widely taught is backwards. We;re not dependent on the universe, it's dependent on us being clear and in complete ownership of the intention, on all levels of our being: On the densest level (physical world) AND the invisible, subtle-to-discern levels of the underlying energy and subconscious scripts.
It always brings us exactly what we want even when based on the strongest cross-purpose (invisible level of our existence). We often don't take into full account of our fullest power on all levels before we go on our intention process from the surpassing perspective that includes the physical, esoteric, and timeless aspect of who we are.
But as you know, what we are given, if it's initially seen as a piece of crappy goal, it is always ends up being for our better good.
What this all means is that it validates exactly how truly powerful we are. We manifest what we want, our soul needs, every minute of the day, even if doing so unwittingly when not in control of the subtle layers of our being.
So, what I'm saying is, YOU are the one owning and directing what the universe pulls into your physical orbit. You are not some hapless and helpless recipient of random manifestations. You're directing everything divinely.
Now, if you're like me and not willing to settle for things that are off-base of what you want even with the realization of how powerful you are, then try this:
- Look at your life, especially the problematic aspects or things you would otherwise take for granted, through the lens of metaphors, as you define them internally, to get to what's really being given to you.
- If you may find that what's there is the inverse of your ideal life, flip it on its head if you're inclined to believe in duality and you'll see your wish is fulfilled. Sometimes we need the frustration of being stymied to get our attention in order for it to expand.
- Want what's in your life to be further aligned with what you're "putting out there"? Then take some time to sit in your shadow, the stuff that is not in agreement with your conscious beliefs and use the language of metaphors and symbols to understand what it's telling you and why. It's doing so for your better good, really, and to help you expand your capacity to hold what it is you desire.
- Getting clear and owning your North Star ensures your trajectory on all levels is true. That magnetic pull ensures that your intention is aligned on all levels....and that's what the universe will arrange, just as it does today.
- Do your part, based on guided actions that are aligned with your North Star. Remember, the universe isn't Santa Claus, so your intention isn't going to drop out of the sky like a professionally wrapped present. You need to move the energy by doing something, anything, to put you in the path of what's being sent your way. Get out of your way when doing this by overthinking it.
Don't know what your North Star is? Take a peek at the True Life Roadmap ebook and see if that starts to put a new lens on your magnificent power and true life.